Greg Warnagieris specializes in construction contract disputes, providing high quality representation to public and private owners, contractors, and design professionals. Mr. Warnagieris has a 24-year track record of securing early, favorable results for his clients. This includes state and federal court claims and arbitrations involving large commercial and public projects such as office buildings, hotels, hospitals, and schools.
For example, Mr. Warnagieris represented the general contractor in a $70 million contract dispute involving a $182 million, three-school construction project. The coordinated action included 40 separate lawsuits before the Orange County Superior Court Complex Panel.
Mr. Warnagieris also has represented various products liability manufacturers and other parties in catastrophic personal injury claims in federal and state courts. He served as California counsel to one of the world’s largest manufacturers of auto hauler trailers.
Mr. Warnagieris earned his Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from University of California, Riverside, his Masters of Arts in Journalism from California State University, Northridge, and his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School. While in law school, he received the American Jurisprudence Award (highest grade) in Ethics/Negotiation and served on the International and Comparative Law Journal, which published his article in 1990. He was on the Dean’s List from 1989 to 1990. He is a member of Kappa Tau Alpha, the national journalism academic honor society (Top 10%).
- Successfully defended large Southern California general contractor of high-rise office building from delay and lost profits claims. Won summary judgment, upheld on appeal, based on novel contract/assignment/standing arguments. Appellate court ruling included recovery of attorney’s fees in excess of $150,000.
- Represented architect in contract dispute over $19 million California state college construction project, including stop notice, release bond, surety and complex contract, change order and delay claims.
- Secured an early dismissal of his client, in a multi-million dollar construction lawsuit involving the $93 million, five-building, 250,000-square-foot Southern California headquarters of a major wireless provider.
- Defended an architectural firm in a $15 million hospital construction contract, delay and change order claim relating to a $100-million, 220,000-square-foot hospital project.
- Favorably resolved claim on behalf of client related to Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) State Route 241 toll road construction and design, including joint powers design-build agreements and various construction and engineering contract claims.
- Attained early summary judgment rulings against claims of defective brake system, resulting in dismissal of client manufacturer in 17-vehicle truck accident case involving two deaths and ten plaintiffs. Has advised products manufacturers on regulatory compliance matters.
- Secured favorable settlement for developer in 63-unit luxury home case.
- Successfully represented merchant builder in 600-home case, and large Japanese developer in luxury townhome case.
- Good working relationship with Southern California judges and mediators through successful representation of owners, contractors and other construction parties.
- Has represented general contractors in multiple contract and payment disputes, including mechanics lien and related contract claims.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Provided seminars and training in 2014 and 2015 to BB&T Insurance re: the California Fair Claims Practices Act
- Business Ethics Seminars in 2014 in Los Angeles and Orange counties
- Seminars on Punitive Damages, Contract and Indemnity Issues, Design Professional Standards of Care
- California Judicial Council, Contributor to Revised Jury Instructions on Professional Negligence
- International Association of Defense Counsel – Punitive Damages Article, 2004